Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Market Day

Living in Hanoi, Vietnam is most definitely the most significant life changing experience of my life.  I've learned, gained, and lost so much in my short 3 1/2 years of living there.  One thing I miss is the bustling of the city well before the sun rises and day light breaks.  The locals power walking around Hoan Kiem lake, propaganda blasted on loudspeakers, tai chi in Lenin Park, but most of all seeing market vendors and suppliers pack anything and everything on the back of their motorbike.  Check out the book Bikes of Burden, photos of the various impressive and awesome crap locals can stack on their bikes.  I also miss the fact that everything opens crazy early.. I don't know if its just Koh Lanta but its frustrating the markets arne't in full force until after 1PM.  Which means as a market day today only dinner deliveries are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment